The Walker-Combs Family Reunion
Friday, June 21 - Sunday, June 23, 2019
Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel
Dear Walker-Combs Family,
The family reunion is quickly approaching! It will be held Friday, June 21 through Sunday, June 23, 2019, at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel in Norfolk, VA. The Family Reunion Committee has been working diligently to ensure that we have a successful reunion and wants to express the following:
- The cost of the reunion is as follows:
- $75 per person over the age of eleven (11)
- $40 for children between the age of four (4) to ten (10) years old who eat from the buffet
- $30 for children who eat the kid's meal (chicken fingers)
- children three (3) years old and under are free
- We are asking the family to pay half of their total amount due by October 15, 2018, and the remainder by February 15, 2019. Please note, payments can be made at any time before these dates and we encourage you to pay in full as soon as possible.
- Payments will be accepted via check or money order or via PayPal (additional information below).
- For those who are not able to participate in the payment plan, payments must be submitted no later than May 17, 2019. This date is final because, the hotel requires a headcount and prepayment for food.
- Absolutely no on-site/at-the-door registration and payments will be accepted.
Please continue to check the Walker-Combs website and the Walker-Combs Facebook Group for updated information.
Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, 777 Waterside Drive, Norfolk, VA 23510
Reservation Method and Room Rate:
Reservations for the event will be made by individual attendees directly with Central Reservations at 1 (888) 627-8042 or (757) 640-2762. Individuals must identify themselves as being with the group, Walker Combs Family Reunion
at the time the reservation is made in order to receive the special group rate. Room Rate 149 plus tax per night.
Self-parking for overnight guests is $8 per night on Friday through Sunday.
If you have questions or you need to provide contact information via text or e-mail please contact Tammy Toodle Hall via her mobile at 704-975-4140 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
The committee has chartered a bus that will take the family to and from Plymouth, to the Virginia Beach oceanfront, and to New Hope Baptist Church, Chesapeake VA if so desired. Therefore we will need a headcount if you plan to ride the bus*. It’s going to be a great weekend with plenty of local activities.
Friday, June 21, 2019
Meet and Greet, Sheraton Waterside Hotel, 7 pm – 10 pm
Saturday, June 22, 2019 – Pick and choose your activities
- Family Banquet – Starts at 7:00 pm
- Virginia Beach Oceanfront* - headcount needed for the bus, time TBA
- Bayou Boogaloo Music and Food Festival – walking distance from the hotel
- Spirit of Norfolk – walking distance from the hotel
- Shopping – MacArthur Center Mall – walking distance from the hotel
Sunday, June 23, 2019
- Breakfast at the hotel – On your own
- New Hope Baptist Church 1317 Gust Lane Chesapeake, VA 23323. P: 757.487.4134 – 10:30 am service
Tammy Toodle Hall, Chair
Walker-Combs Family Reunion Committee